Re: st: tobit model in a percentage range

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: tobit model in a percentage range
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:37:30 +0200

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Tirthankar Chakravarty wrote:
> Percentage and proportion data are modelled by so-called fractional
> response regression models <snip>

A fractional logit model can be estimated in Stata using -glm-
together with the -link(logit) vce(robust)- option, see Baum (2008).
Other alternatives are -betafit-, -zoib-, -dirifit- and -fmlogit-, all
available from SSC. I compared all these different models in this talk
at the 2010 German Stata Users' meeting:

Hope this helps,

Ps. All these models model proportions rather than percentages, so you
need to divide your dependent variable by 100.

Christopher F. Baum (2008) "Stata tip 63: Modeling proportions" The
Stata Journal, 8(2): 299-303.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen