st: RE: Need to compute load duration curve

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Need to compute load duration curve
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:56:16 +0100

What's a load duration curve? This sounds like a classic example of terminology standard in some sub-field that will just be words to most members of Statalist.

If you mean a quantile plot or a cumulative distribution plot, see -qplot- (SJ) or -distplot- (SJ).

If you mean something else, you may need to explain.

Urmi Sen

I have hourly load data and want to draw the load duration curve. Any
tips will be appreciated. My data looks like:

     Mkt Hour      MWh
1/1/2009 0:00   2790.83
1/1/2009 1:00   2766.27
1/1/2009 2:00   2853.09