Re: st: Modelling bayesian relative survival

Subject   Re: st: Modelling bayesian relative survival
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:02:34 -0400

#HE YAO FENG VINCENT# <HE0001NT@e.ntu.edu.sg>:

I can't see the paper, but I am guessing this is a set of regular
survival models, then shrinkage toward the mean, i.e. simple
calculations shrinking individual estimates toward the grand mean
using smoothing over space and tying weights to estimated variability
in estimates.  Try googling "empirical bayes shrinkage local area
estimation" for more, e.g. http://www.jstor.org/stable/2347593,
www.jstor.org/stable/4147361