st: RE: problem running mfx after glm

From   "Sarah Edgington" <sedging@ucla.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: problem running mfx after glm
Date   Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:38:49 -0700

You haven't given the list enough information to really help you.
What do you mean when you say it's giving you a problem?  What error message
are you actually getting?  Have you gotten a new version of Stata since you
last run the analysis?  If so, have you tried running the dofile using the
-version- command?
Others may be able to help you with translating to -margins- but you should
be able to run your original analysis without rewriting it.

-Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Marlis Gonzalez
Fernandez
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:27 PM
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: st: problem running mfx after glm

Hello-

Did the following analysis last fall:

glm  ReadingCompCombdiv100 education, family(binomial) link(logit) robust

followed by:

mfx, at(mean)

This provided me with the marginal effects after glm (variable of interest
is a proportion).

Any idea why this is giving me a problem.having trouble figuring out how to
do this using margins instead of mfx.

Thanks,

M González
JHU