st: Significance stars in -esttab-

From   Michael Betz <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Significance stars in -esttab-
Date   Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:24:19 +0000

Hi,

I'm using Stata 11 and trying to create a table using esttab. My problem is with the number format for the coefficients and t-stats. I want two significant digits past the decimal, but want numbers smaller than 0.01 to show up in exponential format. Using the code below,

       . esttab model* using resultsfile, b(2) t(2) r2 wide star(* .1 ** .05 *** .01) nopa nonum plain csv

any number less than 0.01 shows up as 0.00. I've tried replacing b(2) with b(%9.2f), but to no avail. I am importing to Excel so I tried exporting the table with a different number format (i.e. %9.8f) and then changing the number format in Excel, but any coefficient with a significance star is treated as text in Excel.

In the end, I'd like to export to excel a table the has numbers with two significant digits if the value is greater than 0.01 and is in exponential format if the coefficient is less than 0.01. The table must include significance stars.

Thanks,
Mike