Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:16:48 -0500

At 03:05 PM 8/12/2011, Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP wrote:
Richard Williams <richardwilliams.ndu@gmail.com> also had a solution, but it
didn't work as expected.

We agree with Richard on this and plan to make -marginsplot- recognize the
-e()- results posted by -margins, post- in a future ado-file update.

Later in the thread, Richard wrote:

> Personally, my wish would be (for Stata 12.1?) that when you use the -post-
> option on -margins-, you would be able to use the ereturned results the same
> way as you can with any estimation command. e.g. replay them, save them,
> restore them, run post-estimation commands after restoring. I can't think of
> another command that requires you to store or save the returned results as
> well.

We are not sure which features Richard feels are missing.

Sounds great Jeff. I mostly just meant that it seemed odd that marginsplot required extra work that was not required for most post-estimation commands. It sounds like you are doing exactly what I wanted.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam