Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:40:55 -0500

At 11:43 AM 8/12/2011, Doug Hess wrote:
Perhaps what I am really asking for is a way to permanently save the
information that is stored in the line - _return hold foo -. The
manual says that - _return hold -  saves the information, but I was
hoping it could be restored at a future date and pick up where one
stopped. I don't see why that is such a complex thing, but perhaps it
is just not there yet, or I don't understand what I am asking for.

Personally, my wish would be (for Stata 12.1?) that when you use the -post- option on -margins-, you would be able to use the ereturned results the same way as you can with any estimation command. e.g. replay them, save them, restore them, run post-estimation commands after restoring. I can't think of another command that requires you to store or save the returned results as well.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu