st: Find the mean of observations from a variable that satisfy a condition in another variable

From   Islam Abdeljawad <islamabdeljawad@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: Find the mean of observations from a variable that satisfy a condition in another variable
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:51:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have panel data, two of my variables are equity issuance which is 0 if the firm did not issue equity in the year and 1 if it issue equity that year. the other variable is the leverage ratio. I want to find the mean leverage for firms that issue equity at the year of issuance, three years before the year of issuance and three years after the year of issuance. then test the hypothesis that the mean of leverage three years before and now are equal. also the leverage three years after issuance and now are equal (equality of means).
How to do it in stata.
Appreciate your help