st: RE: output ttest using esttab

From   "Jesper Lindhardsen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: output ttest using esttab
Date   Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:00:06 +0200

Hi There

You need to use -estpost-. Try something like this

Code example start:

sysuse auto
estpost ttest mpg,by(foreign)
esttab using file.rtf,c(mu_1 mu_2 t p) rtf label

Code example end:

Jesper Lindhardsen
MD, PhD candidate
Department of Cardiovascular Research
Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of lreine ycenna
Sent: 11 August 2011 10:16
Subject: st: output ttest using esttab

I've read some previous posts on this topic, but they have not solved
my problem. I need to export ttest results using esttab to include the
mean values of two groups, mean difference and t-stats with signs of
signficance. The command I'm using is
'esttab mu_1 mu_2 t b', however:
(1) mu_1 and mu_2 are not the mean values of the two sample groups.
(2) invalid 'label' (198);pops up  when I tried to export the results
onto word using 'esttab, b t using ttesst.rtf, label append'. I know
that I've been doing it wrong.Can anyone point out where? or is there
any better way of doing this?