st: RE: st: xtoverid and reporting robust variance-c​ovariance matrix after xthtaylor

Subject   st: RE: st: xtoverid and reporting robust variance-c​ovariance matrix after xthtaylor
Date   Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:59:44 +0100

Kwansoo,

If all you need is the robust SEs in order to do your robust Wald tests, you can get these displayed by -xtoverid- by using the (undocumented) -noisily- option.  The output of the internal reestimation uses temporary variable names, but you should be able to figure out which are which since the coefficient estimates will be the same as those reported by -xthtaylor-.

Austin Nichols has a modified version of -xtoverid- called -xtoverid2- that saves the robust VCV in r() results.  You can use this to do Wald tests by hand.  Below is an example that installs it and displays the un-robust and robust VCVs.

Cheers,
Mark

net install xtoverid2, from(http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nicholsa/stata)
webuse abdata, clear
xtivreg ys (k =  emp  wage  cap), re
ereturn list e(V)
xtoverid2, noisily cl(id)
return list r(V)

registered under charity number SC000278.