Re: st: Using merge with a string id variable

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Using merge with a string id variable
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:13:31 +0200

You might also want to read Bill Gould's excellent blog entry,
discussing potenial problems with -merge-.

http://blog.stata.com/2011/04/18/merging-data-part-1-merges-gone-bad/

Best
Daniel

--
Hi all,

I want to merge several datasets but their id variable is a string
variable.  Can I successfully merge the datasets with the variable
still in string format?