Re: st: Re: question concerning normality

Subject   Re: st: Re: question concerning normality
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:11:19 -0400

Nick, Maarten, and Caspar Bijleveld--
Even better than transforming your depvar is to use -glm- with an
appropriate link.
Log may have its appeal, but various powers can often be preferable
for extreme skewness.
Consider the cube root, or fifth or seventh roots, for asset values,
for example.