Re: st: constant variable as IV in panel?

From   Abhimanyu Arora <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: constant variable as IV in panel?
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:41:15 +0200

Dear statalist
I think this is related to the posts by Matthias Opfinger and Austin
Nichols with an addundum and would like request your intellectually
stimulating views/references. The panel model I am estimating has a
monthly frequency (no IV). But I also have yearly variables (in my
case I have almost 20 years) for each cross section, which I would
definitely like to include. The options that I am considering are the
following

(a) Related to Matthias' idea-For all months in a year, take the same
(annual) value of the yearly variables
(b) Year dummies-subsumes all (extraneous) yearly variables. But I am
taking a trend.
(c) Take the yearly value for the 6th month and impute the monthly
variables from the series...a risky one

Would be great to have your views and concerns or better alternatives.
(Could hierarchical models come to the rescue?)

With best regards
Abhimanyu Arora