st: comparing percentages for independent groups with different data sets

From   "T. Alp Ozkan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: comparing percentages for independent groups with different data sets
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:23:59 +0300

Dear Statalisters,

I am working on a paper about diagnostic accuracy of trans-rectal
ultrasound guided prostate biopsy schemes on prostate cancer. A
similar paper was published about this topic.  These are 2 independent
groups with different data sets (I don't have their complete data set
of ).I need to compare these results with each other however I
couldn't figure out which test is suitable for this aim.

7/13 (53%) is my cancer detection rate for a 30 ml prostate site at
age <=50   (12 cores sampling results)
2/4 (50%) is their cancer detection rate for same size same age (8
cores sampling results)

I have 40 different result for a total of 1574 patients

Thanks in advance.
Alp