Re: st: Click response changes from Stata 10 Win 7 Pro to Stata 12 Mac OS X Lion,

From   Philip Ender <ender97@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Click response changes from Stata 10 Win 7 Pro to Stata 12 Mac OS X Lion,
Date   Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:07:11 -0700

Gabi Huiber <ghuiber@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to be able to click on a variable name, and it would show up in
>the command window. Now I need to double-click it. Is there any good
>reason for the new behavior? Is there any way to change it to the old?

>Thank you,
>Gabi

Gabi,

You can still do this in Stata 12.  There is a narrow column to the
left of the variable name column.  A gray arrow pointing left appears
when you hover over the spcae with your mouse.  If you click there the
variable will appear in the command window.

Phil
--
Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group