st: Descriptives of imputed data

From   Catharine Morgan <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Descriptives of imputed data
Date   Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:31:24 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am ultimately wanting to create tables of descriptive data showing complete case data and then the imputed data using the usual proportions and means/medians and testing between two groups of individuals.
I use both STATA 10 and STATA 11 and I have the data in the format to use both -mi- and -mim-.

For the imputed data I know how to report combined estimates using Rubin's rules for means and proportions (using mim:mean X1 and mim: proportion X2) but is there a way to achieve the median and the test between these two medians (Mann-Whitney) and also the test between two means (ttest)? Is there a way to achieve the equivalent chi^2 for proportions in imputed data?

Many thanks,