Re: st: xtabond with constraints

From   Pedro Ferreira <>
Subject   Re: st: xtabond with constraints
Date   Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:07:03 -0400

Thanks Nick,

I have included that approach in my previous message. However, there
is a dynamic panel nature to what I am trying to do. Using your
variable names below, in my case y = x(t+1) and I have x(t) on the
right hand side. I am wondering if you have any insight about what is
best: xtabond with y_2 as a function of x(t) or reg3 with the
constraint that the coefficient on x(t-1) should be -1 (using the
other equations in reg3 to instrument x(t) and x(t-1) with lags)?

Thanks a lot!