Re: Re: st: Different Stata versions give different standard errors

From   Kelly Jones <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: Different Stata versions give different standard errors
Date   Mon, 8 Aug 2011 09:37:17 -0400

Thanks Richard and Nick.

It seems the problem is indeed with the "areg" command in version 11
(and 10 I guess?).  The "xtreg, fe" estimation reproduces the standard
errors of the "areg" estimation under version 9.  Oddly, prefixing the
"areg" command in version 11 with "version 9:" does not fix the
problem.

This is technically an error with the "areg" estimation in the newer
versions, then?  Is Stata Corp aware of this?  Your explanation of it
makes sense for why my SE would be so different -- since this
estimation has many fixed effects that drop out.

Many thanks for your helpful replies.

Kelly