Re: st: date in stata

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: date in stata
Date   Sun, 7 Aug 2011 08:16:52 +0100

There is no problem with dates before 1900 such as you have.

You don't say what code you used or what data type is used for your
variable holding date of birth.

If the variable is string then in Stata 10 up the function -date()-
converts to integer dates.

. di date("25/05/1898", "DMY")
-22500

. di %d  date("25/05/1898", "DMY")
25may1898

You can -generate- numeric date variables and assign them whatever
date format you wish.

. set obs 1
obs was 0, now 1

. gen date = date("25/05/1898", "DMY")