Re: st: VIF and binary predictors?

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: VIF and binary predictors?
Date   Fri, 05 Aug 2011 22:57:03 -0500

At 09:41 PM 8/5/2011, Pavel Roshanov wrote:
Dear Statalist,

I'm trying to detect multicollinearity in a dataset with binary
predictors. I have suggestions that VIF works just fine in this
situation but when I see the formula VIF=1/(1-R^2) I am not convinced.
Does anyone have any insight here?

I am not sure why you are not convinced, but if you want a few more measures try Phil Ender's -collin- command, available from the UCLA site.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu