st: -svy: ivregress- and -suest-

From   William Buchanan <william@williambuchanan.net>
Subject   st: -svy: ivregress- and -suest-
Date   Fri, 5 Aug 2011 22:00:51 -0400

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any simple ways to work around the comparability issues of suest with IV Regression?  I've fit seven models to my data and am hoping to test whether the independent variables are significantly different from each other.  I am running Stata v12 and have Stata v11 running on Windows 7 (64 bit).

In general my syntax is:
svy linear: ivregress liml DV [covariates] (IV= instruments)
est sto modelX

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I didn't know if there might be issues due to the weighting of the survey data, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Billy Buchanan