st: Non-parametric test equivalents with survey-weighted data

From   Janet Rosenbaum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Non-parametric test equivalents with survey-weighted data
Date   Fri, 5 Aug 2011 12:00:56 -0400

Frequently I use kwallis, ranksum, or nptrend for testing between
groups, depending on the nature of the variables involved.  Stata
doen't support these tests in survey-weighted data.

Are there any equivalent tests to use when comparing weighted data?
Survey-weighted data can use Pearson's chi-square or Wald, but my
understanding is that neither is equivalent.

As background, the weights are inverse probability weights derived
from a propensity score model.  I have a cluster variable, but as far
as I know that doesn't matter with non-parametric tests anyhow.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Janet
Janet Rosenbaum, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor