Re: st: Making vce(robust) the default

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Making vce(robust) the default
Date   Thu, 04 Aug 2011 12:07:28 -0500

At 10:53 AM 8/4/2011, Billy Schwartz wrote:
Use the NOoption form (help syntax##optionally_off). Call the option
"norobust" and write

if "`robust'" == "" local robust vce(robust)

Thanks. But suppose somebody had specified something like -vce(cluster clustervar)-? Or had explicitly specified -vce(oim)-? I don't want to zap anything the user has implicitly or explicitly specified. Rather, in the absence of any implicit or explicit declaration of vce, I want the default to be robust, not oim.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam