st: mfp and factor variable

From   "m. kh" <>
Subject   st: mfp and factor variable
Date   Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all

I am trying to run

. mfp: logit comp i.bmicat age apacheii sex dm admityear

and I got the following message

factor variables and time-series operators not allowed

if I include my categorical variable without i before the variable, it would be
considered as continuous. Any idea how to overcome this problem.