st: Impulse Response analysis

From   Merijn Groenenboom <>
Subject   st: Impulse Response analysis
Date   Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:51:57 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am writing a research about the effect of economic indicators on stock prices.
Impulse theorem function is one of the tests I want to use.

First of all, I am not sure whether I use the right commands in Stata
10 to examine the responses.
I include all variables in the regression and take the first
difference, since the variables are only stationary at first
This is what I regress in stata:

vec d.lstp d.lexr d.lsint d.lip d.lur d.lyie d.lm1 d.loil d.lcon
d.lgold d.ltb d.linf, lags(2)
irf set vec_eg, replace
irf create vec_eg, step(10) replace
irf graph irf

Now I get very very many graphs (also the reponses of the economic
indicators on each other.

My second question is: What is the best way to copy these graphs to Word.
They are very small. When I copy them and make them bigger in word the
quality of the graph is pretty bad.

Thank you.

Merijn G