RE: st: Hazard ratios from results into a table

From   "D.W.Richards" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: Hazard ratios from results into a table
Date   Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:54:59 +0100

Hi Maarten,

Have downloaded the manual and am reading chapter 7 now.  Thanks for the advice,

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Buis []
Sent: 03 August 2011 14:54
Subject: Re: st: Hazard ratios from results into a table

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:24 PM, D.W.Richards wrote:
> I am using survival analysis to obtain a hazard ratio for each investor based on data about their transactions in the stock market.  The code I have been using is:
> bys investorid: stcox var1
> This produces a hazard ratio for each investor but the output is very long and difficult to use for further analysis.  To transfer each hazard ratio from the output, I am currently cutting and pasting the hazard ratio into an excel sheet.  Then putting this information back into stata for further analysis.

Seems to me you are trying to do a multilevel survival analysis in two
steps: first estimate a coefficient by investor, and than explain
those coefficients using investor level explanatory variables. In that
case you can try doing this all in one using -gllamm-. There is a
section on survival analysis in the -gllamm- manual, which you can
download from <>.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie