st: How to Interpret Coefficients when DV is square-rooted

From   "" <>
Subject   st: How to Interpret Coefficients when DV is square-rooted
Date   Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:48:10 -0400

Dear Stata Listers
I am estimating turnover ratio using OLS.  I found heteroskedasticity,
and as recommended in the textbook (Wooldridge, 2006)  I transformed
turnover rates using square root.
After transformation, heteroskedsticity problem is solved.  However,
the next problem occurs: how do I interpret the beta coefficients for
each independent variable?

If I square both sides, the equation in the right hand side becomes messy.

There are multiple recommendations to solve a heteroskedsticity
problem (such as using weighted least squares, or robust standard
error and so on), but I am now curious how to interpret coefficients
of independent variables when dependent variable is square rooted.