st: How to return regression results from a complex column vector in mata back to stata

From   Ben Smythe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to return regression results from a complex column vector in mata back to stata
Date   Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:07:48 +0200

Dear statalisters,

currently I am modifying a liml-like estimator in mata. In one of the
final steps this involves multiplication with a complex scalar (not
symmetric, but has real eigenvalues) which finally causes the
estimation results to be a complex column vector. Thus
st_matrix("name", mat) will not work as it cannot be used with strings
or complex numbers and returns the error message: 3253  nonreal found
where real required
Now I have tried to use locals or macros to move the results from mata
to stata and I tried to create a new variable to store the results
using st_store, though this didn't work either.

Essentially what I would like to do in the end is to display the
column vector of results (with it's standard errors (V), t-statistics
and confidence intervalls) nicely in the fashion of: ereturn post b V
I can see the results in mata by typing the name of the results-column
vector, though it would be nicer to go back to stata and have the
usual regression output table. If anyone knows a solution to this it
would be fantastic.

Best,

Ben