st: ROC question: STATA vs SPSS

From   Danielle Boyce <dmboyce1@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: ROC question: STATA vs SPSS
Date   Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:53:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I usually use STATA for my data analysis, but for various reasons, ran one in SPSS first.  It gave me a negative cutoff point when my data have no negative values.  I re-ran in STATA and got the same AUC, but no negative cutoff, and everything else (CIs, cutoffs) are ever-so-slightly off compared to SPSS.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this discrepancy exists.

Thanks!
Danielle