RE: st: Stata Journal 11:2

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: Stata Journal 11:2
Date   Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:12:48 +0100

These files aren't Kit's responsibility; they are the Stata Journal's files. I did this

. search opreg

Keyword search

          Search:  (1) Official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

Search of official help files, FAQs, Examples, SJs, and STBs

SJ-10-4 st0145_1  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Software update for opreg
        (help opreg if installed) . . . .  M. Yasar, R. Raciborski, and B. Poi
        Q4/10   SJ 10(4):692
        updated to support more than two state variables, use
        third-degree polynomial expansion, and support predict

SJ-8-2  st0145  . .  Production function est. using the Olley and Pakes method
        (help opreg if installed) . . . .  M. Yasar, R. Raciborski, and B. Poi
        Q2/08   SJ 8(2):221--231
        provides reliable productivity measures from production
        function estimation by controlling for simultaneity and
        selection bias

to confirm that what you need are the updated files from 10-4, which I installed without problem.

Joao Ricardo F. Lima

Dear Kit,

I'm having problem to install the user-written -opreg- package:

package installation

package name:  st0145.pkg

checking st0145 consistency and verifying not already installed...
server refused to send file
could not copy
(no action taken)

Do you know why?