Re: st: X11 Forwarding and Do-File Editor

From   Rosi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: X11 Forwarding and Do-File Editor
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:34:57 +0200

Hey Brad.

For linux I have the following suggestions as I have encountered a similar problem.

a) install Static Version and not Dynamic.

b) if you can get the libgtksourceview1.0-0 library then do so.
You can do it from the command line if your distro support apt-get by typing

sudo apt-get install libgtksourceview1.0-0

if not try to find it in a package manager.

I run Debian 6 and the libgtksourceview1.0-0 is not supported so I had to link libgtksourceview2.0-0 to libgtksourceview1.0-0 the DO Editor crashes still so the only thing left for me is to try the Static Version of STATA 11 as Tech Support suggested.

if non of the above helps, you are in the same boat as me. Talk to tech support.

Best
Rosi