st: Formal question: transformation of variables and diff-in-diff

From   Raquel Rangel de Meireles Guimarães <raquelrguimadem@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Formal question: transformation of variables and diff-in-diff
Date   Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:47:51 -0300

Hi all

I would like to ask you a simple but formal question:

I observe a variable X at two points in time to treatment and control groups, which were determined by common support (pscore algorithm). I got an estimate of the diff-in-diff W.

If I do Y = X/100, match again treated and control within the common support, will I find the same groups? If so, the estimate of diff-in-diff in this new scenario will be simply W/100?

Best,

Raquel

--
Raquel Rangel de Meireles Guimarães