AW: AW: st: Competing Hazards with Multiple-Record-per-Subject Data (2)

From   Stefan Göke <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: AW: st: Competing Hazards with Multiple-Record-per-Subject Data (2)
Date   Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:54:52 +0200

Thanks,

just to be clear: the subepisode variable is the one generated by Stata when
you stsplit the data and consequently not used in the regression. I excluded
the key covariates of my model to ease the discussion. (obviously not
successfully). Yet, the data setup works perfectly fine with Cox and Fine
and Gray models. My concern is "only" the implementation of Lunn/McNeil 1005
augmentation technique with multiple-record-per-subject data. Here, breaking
the ties is I think already a step forward. But further comments are
welcome.

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Steven Samuels
Gesendet: Montag, 25. Juli 2011 14:23
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: AW: st: Competing Hazards with Multiple-Record-per-Subject Data
(2)

Stefan,
I notice two things.

1) Your "subepisode" variable is perfectly collinear with time.
2) Your "risk type" variable looks like your outcome indicator (it's the
only variable that differs in the two parts of your listing). I don't have
Lunn/McNeill, but  I don't see how you can use the outcome indicator as a
covariate for predicting that outcome.
I can suggest:
1) Make sure that your multiple failure model corresponds to one of those in
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/stmfail.html
2) Get that model working with a single outcome first: ordinary survival
analysis, treating the other outcome as censored.

Good luck

Steve
[email protected]