Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: oglm and heterogeneous choice models
Date   Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:09:19 -0500

At 03:33 PM 7/23/2011, Rourke O'Brien wrote:
I am currently running logit models predicting success (dichotomous)
with sex and income as main predictors.  I understand that with
potential unequal variances across groups I should explore
heterogeneous choice models. See:

Incidentally, since success is dichotomous, you could also use -hetprob-. It will (hopefully) give the same results as oglm with link(probit). But (somewhat to my annoyance) I have found that official Stata commands tend to be way faster than my commands are when estimating the same models.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu