Re: st: superscript in SMCL

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: superscript in SMCL
Date   Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:12:01 -0500

-help graph_text- explains features of SMCL that are unique to graphs,
as is explicit in its preamble. Such features can therefore not be
used outside graphs. You can get superscript 2 with a call to -char()-
or {c ###}. 178 will work on Windows, but use -asciiplot- (SSC) to get
a visual dictionary for your set-up, which may differ. For functional
notation the best you can do is common or garden italic, or so I

By the way, replying to previous threads and not deleting them are
both advised against in the Statalist FAQ.