re: Re: st: Paired t-test for propensity match cohort

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: Re: st: Paired t-test for propensity match cohort
Date   Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:14:12 -0700

I suggest that you use -somersd-, -cendif- or -censlope- (all programs
written by the esteemed Roger Newson). These do not require you to
reconfigure your data, they allow you to cluster on the matching variable
(to account for the dependency of the matched pair), and provide confidence
intervals. One stop shopping...

I hope this helps

Ariel

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:12:18 +0200
From: Lars Folkestad <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: Paired t-test for propensity match cohort

Hmm
Im not sure.
How about using the matching variable as the grouping variable and the pairs
variable as the id variable in the reshape command:

Reshape wide age var2 var3 var4 ... VarN, i(pairs) j(matching_Variable)

That gives you something like this:
Pair age0 age1
1   53     54
2   55      52
3   55     52
4   53      54

If you have a variable that is supposed to be equal within the pairs eg: Sex
You can use the following command:
Assert sex0==sex1

Hope that helps
lars