Re: st: Hypergeometric function

Subject   Re: st: Hypergeometric function
Date   Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:09:25 -0400

Edward Norton <ecnorton@umich.edu>:
See
 help f_hypergeometric
 http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?f_hypergeometric
but it depends on the details, probably...
 ssc desc gbgfit
will link you to a help file that says in part:
  The Gini coefficient is not calculated as this requires
    evaluation of the generalized hypergeometric 3F2, and this
function is not currently available in Stata.  Online evaluators are
    available, at e.g. wolfram.com, where you can plug in specific
parameter values to calculate the generalized hypergeometric 3F2,
    then use the formula given by McDonald (1984) to calculate the Gini.