Re: st: Predicting sdres in stata

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Predicting sdres in stata
Date   Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:10:08 -0500

No. Perhaps you should study the documentation more, especially that
in [U], on robust variance estimation in Stata. It is not identical to
robust regression. But even with regression, normality of residuals is
usually the least important assumption. As you have bivariate
regressions, plotting scatter and residual plots is just about the
most important checking you can do.

Nick