st: two "novice" questions

From   "Duck-Hye Yang" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: two "novice" questions
Date   Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:09:19 -0500

Dear Statalist,
I have sex variable where F and M exist.
I'd like to change the variable name to female where 1=F and M=0. Female should be numeric variable.
I have age variable, which is categorical variable (1=infant,... 5=18+).
When I ran a logit model, I found that 1 is reference category. How can I make 5 reference category?
Sorry that I ask too-easy questions. I am a novice user of stata. I really want a try!
Duckhye Yang