st: Adding variables to datasets

Subject   st: Adding variables to datasets
Date   Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:36:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Statalist,

I'd need to combine three datasets.

For the first two, I do:

use filename

append using filename

and it's fine. Now I'd like to add only one variable from a third dataset.
This variables matches with id from the previous two (it is a new variable
about observation id from a previous year).

I tried again with 'append using filename' but it generates too many
missing values.

Could you please help me?