Re: st: significant variable or reject null hypothesis

Subject   Re: st: significant variable or reject null hypothesis
Date   Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:45:40 -0500

At 10:02 AM 7/17/2011, Yusvita Triwiadhian S. wrote:
dear all,

in survival analysis if any variables that P > |Z| = 0.035 and alpha
=0.05, is it means we reject null hypothesis (beta=0) or another
words, that variables is not significant..is it true??

thank you

I am a little confused by the question. If I may paraphrase, I think you are saying that, if you are using the .05 level of significance, and the P value for some coefficient is .035, then you SHOULD reject the null hypothesis. But (counter to what you seem to be saying) this means that the effect of the variable DOES significantly differ from zero.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam