st: United Nations National Competitive Examinations for Young Statisticians

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: United Nations National Competitive Examinations for Young Statisticians
Date   Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:00:19 -0400

This may interest some listers:

From: Stefan Schweinfest [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:38 PM
To: Stefan Schweinfest
Cc: Karoly Kovacs
Subject: United Nations National Competitive Examinations for Young Statisticians.

Dear Colleague,

I would like to inform you that the United Nations has recently announced
the 2011 National Competitive Examinations in Statistics. As you may know,
it is through this examination process that the UN System, including our
office, recruits young professional statisticians. I am pleased to let
you know that qualified candidates from your country, 32 years or younger,
are eligible to participate in the examinations.

We would like to ask your kind assistance in ensuring that the information
about these examinations reaches potential young applicants, for instance
through your website, newsletters or bulletin boards. Also, it would be
very helpful if you could forward this information to national associations
involved in statistics and/or relevant institutions of higher education,
offering degrees with substantial statistical courses. The deadline for
applications is 10 September 2011.

Detailed information about the examinations and the application and employment
conditions can be found at http://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=NCE

Thank you very much for your support

Stefan Schweinfest
Chief, Statistical Services Branch