st: multiple -spmat imports- to manually import higher-order links

From   rraciborski@stata.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: multiple -spmat imports- to manually import higher-order links
Date   Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:18:25 -0500

Laszlo Sandor <sandorl@gmail.com> wonders if one can use spatial-weighting
matrices created by the the user-written -spmat- command outside of the spmat
framework:

> So the question for today is whether the -spmat- object is usable for anything
> else than use in -spreg- and -spivreg- for more restrictive spatial AR models?
> Can I use it to import the matrices A, B etc. separately for further
> manipulation?

Laszlo can use -spmat getmatrix- to extract a spatial-weighting matrix from an
spamt object into Mata memory.

--Rafal
rraciborski@stata.com