Re: st: RE: Gregory and hansen test with stata

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Gregory and hansen test with stata
Date   Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:42:20 +0500

To help Helene the reference, it is actually

Gregory, A.W. and Hansen, B.E. (1996). "Residual Based Tests for
cointegration in models with regime shifts", Journal of Econometrics,
Vol. 70, PP. 99-126

A version of unit roots tests are available. Check -findit zandrews-
for structural break unit root testing and  -findit clemao2- for two
strutural breaks unit root testing. These might pave the way for
further guidance.

Check the complete references for the above unit root tests are

1. Andrews, D., Zivot, E. 1992. Further evidence on the Great Crash,
the oil price shock, and the unit-root hypothesis. Journal of Business
and Economic Statistics 10, 251-70.

2. Christopher F. Baum, (2005), "Stata: The language of choice for
time-series analysis?" The Stata Journal, 5, Number 1, pp. 46–63

Hope this guides.

Anees

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Lachenbruch, Peter
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I can't help you, but the FAQ says you must give a reference to the test.  Most people aren't familiar with specific items (well, t-tests and regression are easy)

Muhammad Anees
MSc & MS in Economics