Re: st: RE: defining program that is involved with stata and mata interaction

From   Christophe Kolodziejczyk <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: defining program that is involved with stata and mata interaction
Date   Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:52:11 +0200

You cannot use mata interactively in a program because end both defines the
end of the program and the end of the use of mata (interactively). You have
to create a mata function that do the mata part and then insert in the
program a call to this function. In other words you have to replace the mata
code with one line of code which calls the mata functon.

for example

program myprog

...your stata code

mata:mymataprog(arg1,arg2,etc.)  //<= call of mata function replacing your
code

end

// Definition of your mata function

clear mata