st: About weighted least squares for grouped data

From   Lina C <>
Subject   st: About weighted least squares for grouped data
Date   Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:05:22 +0100

Dear all,

I'm trying to run a weighted least squares regression, weighting by
the variance of the error term using grouped data. I found that there
is a program wls0 that run this procedure, and it has an option w( .)
to indicate the weighting variable. I was wondering if in my case I
need to estimate first the variance of the residual of this regression
and then run the wls0 procedure.

Yj = b0*Xj + ej ; where j indicates the group.

Thank you.