st: Re: dropping variables with lots of missing

From   "Eric Uslaner" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: dropping variables with lots of missing
Date   Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:38:56 -0400

I've been following the threads of dropping variables with missing values--I know and have used Nick Cox's dropmiss for a long time.  But I also want to drop variables with lots of missing values.  I could not figure out how to save any results from his nmissing, but I tried this in a do-file with misstable:

 foreach var of varlist trustbanks-angergovtintervene {
  misstable sum `var'
  keep if r(K_uniq) >= 4
and it winds up deleting all cases for all variables (only three variables have less than 4 observations).  What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,