st: Merge/Joinby Question

From   Benjamin Allaire <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Merge/Joinby Question
Date   Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:18:27 -0400

Hi -

I have data from a propensity score match that has duplicate ids in it (data set A),
because it was with replacement. However, now I am interested in merging
data set A with an unbalanced panel data set (data set B).  So, neither data set has
a unique identifier.

Is joinby the correct command to ensure that each person (duplicated ids are
assumed to be "different" people in my post-match world) has the correct number
of observations?

One way I considered doing this was going wide with dataset B (making id unique)
and merging (1:m) with dataset A, but this is annoyingly cumbersome with a lot of
time periods and numerous variables of interest.

Any help would be most appreciated!