st: Get actual file name

From   Renger van Nieuwkoop <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Get actual file name
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2011 08:09:31 +0000

Is it possible to get the actual file name in Stata. I want to use this information to automatically name my log file? (so I can use this for every other file over and over again)
E.g. something like:
- Get actual file name   (for example :, save it in a local macro "actual"
- log using "actual"

Forschung und Beratung in Wirtschaft und Politik
Economic Research and Policy Consultancy

Thunstrasse 22 / CH-3005 Bern (Switzerland)
Tel +41 31 356 61 61 / Fax +41 31 356 61 60
mailto: /