Re: st: Stata 11 crashing

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 crashing
Date   Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:35:27 +0000

<>

I'm using Stata 11 MP for Mac OSX 10.6 and when I paste those characters into a cell in Stata's data editor I do not have any problem.
You should probably contact tech support.
I wonder if it could be some kind of language or font support issues (for instance, if you are using a non-english language as your primary language in "System Preferences" > "Language & Text" in Mac OSX --  does changing the language to english and pasting again cause the same crash?)  What happens when you -insheet- a file with those characters into Stata ?

- Eric
__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute